This Easy 4-Ingredient Guacamole is so simple and tastes amazing. It's the perfect party appetizer or everyday condiment; use it as a dip, a topping, or just straight out of the bowl. Everything is better with guacamole!
If you ever come to my house for a party, whether it's a big bash or small get together, chances are I'll be serving guacamole. I love guacamole because it's simple to prepare, tastes amazing, and most everyone loves it. I like to serve my guacamole with a big platter of fresh cut veggies and corn chips for dipping. No matter what else is served at the party I can be sure that the guacamole will be first to go.
Guacamole also adds creaminess and depth to so many meals. I use it to top tacos, burrito bowls, scrambled eggs, burgers and more. Our family has embraced guacamole even more these days as both my mom and husband have discovered they don't tolerate dairy particularly well. Neither seems to miss cheese nearly as much provided I have plenty of guac on hand for dipping and topping.
There are many guacamole variations out there, some with onion, tomatoes, cilantro and/or jalepeno. All these variations are delicious and I invite you to use this recipe as a base to play with. Feel free to add what you have on hand and what you love. I wanted to share this stripped down version because it really is all you need. Just some ripe avocados, fresh lime juice, garlic, salt and a good mash and the guacamole is done. I love this basic recipe when I want to keep things uncomplicated in the kitchen. Even on a hectic weeknight I can whip this one up, making an average dinner extra special. This recipe is naturally gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan.
Kid-friendly notes. This classic guacamole is mild and creamy, making it a hit with many kids, but here are some options for resistant eaters:
- Use less lime juice than the recipe calls for. Set aside a kid-portion, then add the rest of the lime juice for everyone else.
- Skip the lime juice and the garlic altogether, serving avocado simply mashed with salt. You can always add those flavors in later as your child becomes open to new flavors.
Now, on to the recipe!
The Easist 4-Ingredient Guacamole
4 large, ripe avocados
1 garlic glove, finely minced or grated
2 limes, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Add the lime juice, garlic, and salt to a medium sized bowl. Stir to combine.
2. Cut the avocados in half, removing the pits. Scoop the flesh into the bowl with the lime juice, garlic and salt. Mash the avocado with a fork until a creamy dip forms, leaving some large avocado chunks for texture.
3. Serve immediately as a dip or topping. If making the guacamole ahead of time squeeze extra lime juice over the top and cover very tightly with plastic wrap to keep from browning.
Makes 8 servings.
Making this recipe? Let me know what you think and any adaptations you make in the comments. I really love hearing from you!
To follow along with Real Food Whole Life and for healthy recipes, meal plans, and tips straight to your inbox, subscribe here.