Recipes so Simple, They’re Like Magic
I’m here to help you bring more ease to the kitchen, so that’s why all Real Food Whole Life’s recipes fall into the category of “can something this simple really be this easy?”
“Your recipes are like a mystery to me. They’re like 4 ingredients and every time I’m like….suuuuurrreee this is gonna be good. There’s no way 4 ingredients can turn into a meal… But every single time you’re right! It’s amazing. Needs no additions, it’s like a magic trick!” — RFWL Reader Steph G.
Before I started Real Food Whole Life I was a researcher and educator studying human behavior.
I was fascinated then, as I am now, with how people make decisions, create routines, and form and keep habits.
What I’ve learned over the years is that what we think makes for a happy, healthy life doesn’t always line up with what the science says.
We tend to think that health and happiness comes from working harder, having more willpower, and never making a mistake, but it turns out the opposite is true.
In fact, science shows that happiness is far more related to establishing small habits (not relying on willpower alone), learning to be kind to yourself, and living a life in alignment with your values and how you want to feel.
Really, it’s simpler than you think.
I created Real Food Whole Life because I believe that gentle is the new perfect, and that striving, pushing to do it all perfectly, or going all in (and then all out) isn’t necessary when it comes to health and happiness.
Robyn Conley Downs: Official Bio
Robyn Conley Downs, MEd is on a mission to help people create happy, healthy habits with ease. Founder & Editor in Chief of Real Food Whole Life, author of The Feel Good Effect, host of The Feel Good Effect Podcast, and founder & director of The Feel Good Effect Coaching Certification, she believes in filling her cup before emptying her to-do list, and lives by the motto: gentle is the new perfect.
Robyn’s Professional Credentials & Education
- BS, Political Science and Education, University of Oregon
- MEd, Education, emphasis Behavior Change, Central Washington University
- 4 years, Public Affairs and Policy PhD program, Portland State University
- Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 200 hours)
- Nutrition Certification, Cornell University
- Author, The Feel Good Effect
- Host, The Feel Good Effect Podcast over 2M downloads
- Founder, Co-Director, The Feel Good Effect Habits Coaching Certification
- CEO, Editor in Chief, Recipe Developer, Real Food Whole Life
The Good Stuff
- Married to her “one and only” Dr. Andrew Downs for 20 years
- Mom to the girl with strawberry blonde hair who goes by Elle
- Frequent spiller of drinks, making parties particularly awkward
Become a Certified Habits Coach
Build a life-changing business grounded in helping others achieve more calm, clarity & joy through our proven habits & mindset framework. Learn more.