Asian Quinoa Bowls with 5-Ingredient Peanut Sauce are packed with vibrant veggies and topped with the easiest peanut sauce ever. A new weeknight classic that just got simpler.
Let's just talk about peanut sauce for a minute, shall we?
It's pretty much one of the best sauces on the planet. Creamy, sweet, and tangy, it makes just about anything you pour it over taste amazing.
The only problem with peanut sauce is that some recipes call for a ton of ingredients and lots of measuring.
And I know from experience that giving someone a recipe with tons of ingredients and lots of measuring on a busy weeknight is just not a good idea.
Enter my 5-Ingredient Peanut Sauce. It's incredibly simple to make, requires very few ingredients, and minimal measuring. Plus it's super mild and oh-so kid friendly.
One of my favorite uses for 5-Ingredient Peanut Sauce is in these Veggie Noodle Bowls. Since we are so in love with that recipe around here, I thought I'd do a little twist by swapping noodles for quinoa and adding some edamame for extra plant-based protein.
I love this recipe, too, because the broccoli steams right along with the quinoa, making it a one-pan wonder.
Mix the peanut sauce in a big bowl so you can toss everything together once the quinoa and broccoli are done and dinner's ready with very minimal clean up. Love that.
Feel free to play around with the veggies in this bowl, and by all means add a generous amount of hot sauce to the final dish if you like a little extra kick.
These bowls pack really well in mason jars or tightly sealing lunch boxes, making it perfect to take for lunch or on-the-go.
Whip up an double batch of the 5-Ingredient Peanut Sauce while you're at it and keep it on hand for serving with grilled chicken or bowls later in the week.
Like I said, it elevates practically anything you put it on. Now, let's make some Asian Quinoa Bowls with 5-Ingredient Peanut Sauce!
RECIPE & KID-FRIENDLY ADAPTATIONS
1 | Use almond butter or sunflower butter in place of the peanut butter.
2 | Add grilled fish, chicken, or steak on the side.
3 | Serve the bowl deconstructed: plain quinoa with a little butter or olive oil, steamed broccoli, raw carrot, edamame and the peanut sauce on the side for dipping.
THIS RECIPE IS . . .
Naturally Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, and Vegan
Asian Quinoa Bowls with 5-Ingredient Peanut Sauce
For the Asian Quinoa Salad
1 cup quinoa, rinsed
½ teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups broccoli florets
2 cups finely shredded cabbage
1 cup frozen, defrosted edamame
1 cup shredded or grated carrot
5-Ingredient Peanut Sauce
⅓ cup natural peanut butter, at room temperature or melted
1 garlic clove, finely grated or minced
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
4 tablespoons low-sodium, gluten-free tamari or soy sauce
4 tablespoon rice vinegar or fresh lime juice
⅓ cup warm water
Hot sauce to taste
1. Place the quinoa along with just under 2 cups water and salt in a medium saucepan. Cover, bring to a boil, then turn to low and simmer 10 minutes.
2. Add the broccoli, cover and simmer on low an additional 5 minutes. Turn the heat off and allow to sit, covered, for 5 more minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, make the peanut sauce by whisking together the peanut butter, garlic, maple syrup, tamari, rice vinegar or lime juice and warm water until very smooth.
4. Fluff the quinoa and broccoli with a fork. Add the quinoa, broccoli, cabbage, edamame, and carrots to a large bowl. Pour over the peanut sauce and stir to combine.
5. Top with hot sauce if desired, then serve immediately or store, covered, for up to 5 days.