002: Healthy Lifestyle, Real Food, Cancer and Adoption with Sonja Overhiser from A Couple Cooks
Today we’re chatting with Sonja Overhiser, an author, recipe developer, podcast host, and healthy and sustainable food advocate.
Along with her husband Alex, she is creator of the A Couple Cooks website, a collection of whole foods recipes and inspiration for healthy and sustainable eating.
She is co-host of the A Couple Cooks Podcast, a show that features conversations with the freshest voices in food, including authors, farmers, and celebrity chefs.
Her work has been featured in national online and print publications, and she develops recipes for national brands.
Sonja is also the author of Pretty Simple Cooking, a cookbook that will release in February 2018 (Da Capo Press).
Key Takeaways from this Episode
How to shift your diet away from processed and fast food to real food cooked at home.
Getting past the fear of starting.
Adopting an additive approach to eating real, whole food.
How to stay in the game when life gets tough.
Navigating the transition and unsettled seasons of life.
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share it with a friend via Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or Twitter
Help the show
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help more people find the show and I personally read each one. Here's how to do it:
- Launch Apple's Podcast app, then tap the Search tab.
- Enter The Feel Good Effect, then tap the Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast, then the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom, then tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review. Enter your nickname, then tap Send.
- Th review won't show up right away, but it should be there within a day or so. Thank you so much for reviewing and helping the show!
- Subscribe on iTunes.