003 How to Naturally Balance Your Hunger Hormones with Kelly LeVeque, Be Well By Kelly
Kelly LeVeque is a Certified Celebrity Health Coach and Holistic Nutritionist based in Los Angeles, California.
Guided by a practical and always optimistic approach, Kelly helps clients improve their health, achieve their goals and develop sustainable habits to live a healthy and balanced life.
Working with well-known names such as Jessica Alba, Evan Peters, and Eve Hewson, Kelly is extremely passionate about the science of human nutrition and the desire to help clients achieve their personal health goals.
Kelly LeVeque has parlayed her passion for health, wellness and the science of nutrition into her first book, Body Love.
Body Love will help you feel empowered, not overwhelmed by food and nutrition, live in balance, weigh what you want and free yourself from food drama forever.
Key Takeaways from this Episode
Kelly's personal food philosophy:
- Eat For Satiety with the Fab Four and Fab Four Smoothie
- Elongate Your Blood Sugar
- Be Hormone Aware
- Ditch Perfection
Simple tips and tricks to eat to satiety and naturally balance your hunger hormones.
Using the Fab Four to naturally balance your hunger hormones:
1) Protein – Signals to your brain “you’re full!” Provides B Vitamins & Minerals, Provides Amino Acids, the building blocks of cells and collagen (read: nice skin!).
2) Fiber – Provides food for bacteria, removes toxins, slows absorption of glucose.
3) Fat – Provides healthy fat (not stored by your body), increases satiety, slows digestion and curbs cravings, maximizes loss of stored body fat, hydrates cells.
4) Greens – Provides antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, detox agents, medicinal properties for healing, provides vitamins and minerals.
Plug Into the Community!
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share it with a friend via Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or Twitter
help the show
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help more people find the show and I personally read each one. Here's how to do it:
- Launch Apple's Podcast app, then tap the Search tab.
- Enter The Feel Good Effect, then tap the Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast, then the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom, then tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review. Enter your nickname, then tap Send.
- The review won't show up right away, but it should be there within a day or so. Thank you so much for reviewing and helping the show!
- Subscribe on iTunes.