The True Meaning of Wellness (From the Biggest Brand in the Game), with Colleen Wachob
In this episode we dive into the true meaning of wellness with Colleen Wachob, the Founding Partner and Chief Brand Officer at mindbodygreen, one of the biggest brands in wellness.
Colleen graduated from Stanford University with degrees in International Relations and Spanish, and spent ten years working at Fortune 500 companies including Gap, Walmart and Amazon.
She now lives in Brooklyn, New York with her husband, mbg founder, Jason Wachob, and daughter Ellie.
Key Takeaways from this Episode
How she switched careers to find health and connect with her passion in the wellness world.
How a health scare led to a significant life changes and served as the catalyst to leave her traditional career path.
Why wellness is living a complete and fulfilling life. That’s a life of connections with self, with your family, with your community and your environment.
Why wellness is a journey with no no clear destination.
How the actual practice of wellness is progress.
The mbg definition of wellness that requires looking at the connections across the pillars of wellness: physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually and environmentally.
Why the wellness industry runs the risk of turning narcissistic and obsessive.
Clarifying the distinctions between science-backed wellness trends.
Why there isn’t one answer--and how to tune into you when it comes to navigating the wellness space.
The Feel Good test: Does this make you feel good?.
Wellness has to become so much more accessible. Making it part of everyday life.
Navigating big life transitions from the corporate world to a start-up and Colleen’s new role as a mother.
Intentionally disconnecting from social media and connecting with family to create balance and balance.
The upcoming mbg Revitalize conference.
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this episode friend via Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or Twitter
Help the show
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help more people find the show and I personally read each one. Here's how to do it:
- Launch Apple's Podcast app, then tap the Search tab.
- Enter The Feel Good Effect, then tap the Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast, then the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom, then tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review. Enter your nickname, then tap Send.
- Your review won't show up right away, but it should be there within a day or so. Thank you so much for reviewing and helping the show!
- Subscribe on iTunes.