I planed this week's Real Food Meal Plan with simplicity in mind. Having just returned from a quick weekend trip to Boulder and now packing my bags for a 24-hour trip to NYC (there will be more time on airplanes getting there and back than in the actual city), simplicity is key. My guess is that your spring is getting pretty crazy, too. Now is the time for meals that are quick, fresh and delicious. So dig into this week's meal plan for dinner, simplified.
vg: vegan | v: vegetarian | gf: gluten-free | df: dairy-free | p: paleo | ff: freezer-friendly
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chili from The Comfort of Cooking (gf, df, ff)
- This recipe is beyond easy; just open a few cans and dump everything in. You don't even have to chop anything. I'm pretty sure this one is going to become a new family favorite.
- Leave the jalapeño out if you're feeding people sensitive to heat. Add a few drops of hot sauce or sliced jalapeño to individual bowls if you want a little extra kick. Individualize each bowl with everyone's favorite toppings and you have family-pleasing dinner everyone will like.
Coconut Soba Noodles from Weelicious (vg, v, gf, df)
- This one-pot dinner is super simple to throw together even on the most hectic weeknight. Feel free to substitute any green veggie you like for the broccoli.
- Be sure to use 100% buckwheat noodles to keep this gluten free. Any noodle will work though, so use what you like and have on hand. Top with grilled chicken, shrimp, or a handful of edamame for extra protein.
Honey Mustard Chicken Stir-Fry from Real Food Whole Life (gf, df)
- This is my new go-to meal for spring. Try it this week and you'll see why.
- There are many kid-friendly adaptations for this recipe so you can cook just one dinner that everyone will eat.
Chipotle Salmon Tacos from What's Gaby Cooking (gf, df)
- Whether you love salmon or you need a little encouragement to eat more fish, you're going to love these salmon tacos. The mango-avocado salsa makes them extra special while still keeping dinner simple.
- Swap paprika for the chipotle chili powder to keep the salmon mild for those sensitive to heat. Skip the sour cream to keep this meal dairy free.
Garlicky Kale Salad with Crispy Chickpeas from Minimalist Baker (vg, v, gf, df)
- This salad is a vegan spin on the classic Caesar. It's hearty, delicious and comes together quickly.
- The dressing for this salad is delicious so feel free to use it on any of your own unique salad creations.