Bursting with gorgeous ripe tomatoes and creamy avocado, this Tomato, Avocado & Basil Salad makes the perfect stunning side dish for any meal.
This Tomato, Avocado and Basil Salad is hands-down one of my all time favorite salad. I could eat it every, single day and it would never get old. There's just something about the flavors of ripe juicy tomatoes combined with creamy avocado and fresh basil, then doused in a garlicky balsamic dressing that just does it for me.
I make this salad for myself as a light lunch and for my family as a simple side that works with just about any dinner. It's also always a huge hit at potlucks and parties. It's so vibrant and special looking that everyone wants to dive in. As written the recipe is naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, barre3 Challenge and Whole30 friendly. It works for just about everyone, so go grab these simple ingredients and make this salad today!
Kid-friendly notes. Here are some options for adapting the recipe for resistant eaters:
- Deconstruct it! Serve a few cherry tomatoes and sliced avocados on a plate, with the dressing on the side.
- Allow him to help you assemble the salad. Kids who help with prep are more likely to sample the finished dish.
Now, on to the recipe!
Tomato, Basil & Avocado Salad
1 pound heirloom or beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
1 pint cherry tomatoes
2 large, ripe avocados, sliced
1 garlic clove, grated or finely minced
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Arrange the sliced and cherry tomatoes on a large platter. Nestle the avocado pieces in between the tomatoes. Sprinkle with basil leaves.
2. Make the dressing by whisking together the garlic, vinegar, salt, and olive oil.
3. When ready to serve, drizzle the dressing over the tomatoes, avocado and basil. Serve immediately.
Making this recipe? Let me know what you think, if your family liked it, and any adaptations you make in the comments. I really do love hearing from you. And be sure to tag #realfoodwholelife on Instagram so I can see what you're making!
To follow along with Real Food Whole Life and for healthy recipes, meal plans, and tips straight to your inbox, subscribe here.