Your Healthy Weekly Meal Plan: 5 quick and easy weeknight meals.
I'll keep things short and sweet this week because I am worn out! We got back late last night from a fun family vacation and I am feeling behind in every single area of my life. Don't get me wrong, the trip was amazing and I can't believe how much fun we were able to pack into 5 days. In one day alone my 3 year-old rode on a pony, in a train, on her bike, in a canoe, in a bike trailer, and then took a swim in the pool. So yeah. Worn out.
How's your summer going? Are you rested up or worn out? Cooking up a storm or barely in the kitchen? Let me know in the comments; I love hearing from you! No matter what you have going on I hope you'll find a little inspiration in this week's meal plan. Cheers!
Now, on to the meal plan!
vg: vegan | v: vegetarian | gf: gluten-free | df: dairy-free | p: paleo | ff: freezer-friendly
Slow Cooker Tomato Sauce from The Natural Nurturer (vg, v, gf, df, p, ff)
- Craving a hearty tomato sauce but don't want to cook all day or heat up your kitchen? Try making it in a slow cooker with this easy recipe.
- Serve this sauce over noodles or zoodles and freeze the leftovers for use another day.
Weeknight Turkey Tacos from Real Food Whole Life (gf, df, p)
- The quick and delicious solution to what to make when you don't feel like cooking.
- Ground chicken or beef also work in these tacos, so feel free to use what you have and what you like. Wrap the filling in warm tortillas or lettuce wraps for a lighter option.
Southwestern Quinoa Bowl from What's Gaby Cooking (vg, v, gf, df)
- The combination of black beans, sweet potatoes and quinoa is a tasty one. Add some cilantro vinaigrette to top and you have a fabulous anytime meal.
- Omit the cheese to keep these bowls vegan and dairy-free. The vinaigrette is delicious, but if you don't have time try a simple squeeze of lime and drizzle of olive oil.
Chicken Kale Pasta from The Pioneer Woman (gf, df)
- We are big fans of The Pioneer Woman around here; my 3 year-old and I watch her cooking show every Saturday morning together. Her recipes don't always fit within the Real Food Whole Life food philosophy, but every once in a while I find a recipe that does. This quick and easy pasta will be a hit with your family for sure.
- Use gluten-free pasta to keep this recipe gluten-free and swap the butter for olive oil to keep it dairy-free.
Roasted Beet & Chickpea Tacos from Dishing Up the Dirt (vg, v, gf, df)
- If you've picked up beets at the farmer's market or in your CSA you'll love putting them to good use in this delicious taco recipe.
- The filling for these tacos also works well in lettuce or collard green wraps.
You can download the Real Food Whole Life Meal Plan Printable for free by clicking here. Customize your plan, then share it and what you're making with me on Instagram using the hashtag #realfoodmealplan. I love to see what you're up to!
To follow along with Real Food Whole Life, including free Healthy Weekly Meal Plans straight to your inbox, subscribe here.