Your Healthy Weekly Meal Plan is here for you! A week's worth of healthy, easy, weeknight meals.
Hi Guys! How are you this week? It still feels like summer here in Portland (I think it was 80 degrees today!) but I'm definitely feeling fall when it comes to cooking. I've been busy in the kitchen, testing all kinds of slow cooker recipes plus more pumpkin recipes than I can count. I hope you're ready!
We're also back in the full swing of the school routine and I am one happy mama. Elle seems to love her school so far and I'm loving the regular rhythm of the school and workweek. We leave the house so early and get back so late, though, so I'm relying on meal planning more than ever! Well, my meal plan and my slow cooker. I'm not sure what I would do without either one. If you missed it you can also check out this post for Healthy, Freezable Slow Cooker Recipes for more ideas. I hope this week's plan is helpful to you-- me know what you're making!
Now, on to the meal plan!
vg: vegan | v: vegetarian | gf: gluten-free | df: dairy-free | p: paleo | ff: freezer-friendly
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Taco Soup from One Lovely Life (gf, df, p, ff)
- Don't be afraid to add (canned) pumpkin to this taco soup, it adds a rich, creamy flavor without being overpowering.
- This one freezes well, so make a batch on the weekend and freeze for a night when you don't have time to cook.
Honey-Mustard Chicken Stir Fry from Real Food Whole Life (gf, df, p)
- This is a super simple recipe that's big on flavor. Serve over rice or on its own, either way is great.
- Since it's not really asparagus season right now feel free to substitute any other green veggie you like. I've made it with broccoli with great results.
Chicken Kale Pasta from The Pioneer Woman (gf, df)
- You know I'll sneak a Pioneer Woman recipe into these meals plans whenever I can find a healthy option because we are obsessed with her in our household. This simple, tasty recipe is a great way to sneak extra green veggies into your family's diet.
- Make sure to use gluten-free pasta to keep this recipe gluten-free. And skip the cheese if you prefer a dairy-free option.
Grilled Hummus, Apple and Caramelized Onion Sandwiches from Real Food Whole Life (vg, v, gf, df)
- Did you know grilling hummus in a sandwich makes it melty and gooey kind of like a grilled cheese? Well now you know! This version is so darn good; the homemade caramelized onions take it over the top! (p.s. I realize I have gotten carried away with the explanation point usage here. I guess I'm just really excited about these sandwiches!!)
- For an extra special version, whip up a batch of Creamy Pumpkin Hummus on the weekend to use in place of store bought. If you don't have time, though, no worries. Store bought will work just fine.
One-Skillet Tuscan Chicken from Delicious Meets Healthy (gf, df)
- This one-skillet recipe packs a ton of flavor and cleanup is a breeze.
- Make this one vegetarian by omitting the chicken and doubling up on the beans.
What will you be making this week?
To follow along with Real Food Whole Life and for healthy recipes, meal plans, and tips straight to your inbox, subscribe here.