Your Healthy Weekly Meal Plan is here for you! A week's worth of healthy, easy, weeknight meals; all gluten-free & dairy-free.
I can't believe that this is the last meal plan for the month of August. I am definitely looking forward to the cool crisp fall days ahead and to seasonal fall ingredients (hello pumpkin everything!), but I'm also holding onto summer produce for just a little bit longer. That's why I selected the recipes for this week's meal plan with the end of summer in mind, choosing those that highlight the fresh produce still available for a few more weeks. Think fresh August corn, vibrant basil, and colorful peppers. These healthy, family-friendly weeknight recipes will allow you to celebrate the end of the season while still getting dinner ready in under 30 minutes.
Now, on to the meal plan!
vg: vegan | v: vegetarian | gf: gluten-free | df: dairy-free | p: paleo | ff: freezer-friendly
Slow Cooker Chicken, Veggie & Quinoa Stew from Real Food Whole Life (v*, gf, df, p*, ff)
- This stew is packed with chicken, veggies, and quinoa, making it a hearty and satisfying meal on its own. Leftovers are fantastic for lunch as well.
- For a *vegetarian version simply omit the chicken, use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth, and add an extra can of beans. For a *paleo version, double the chicken and omit the beans and quinoa.
Mexican Rice Rainbow Bowls from Yummy Mummy Kitchen (vg, v, gf, df)
- These colorful rice bowls are an easy DIY dinner everyone will enjoy. Other than the rice and beans, all the toppings listed are optional. Choose your favorites and be sure to add lots of color!
- Omit the jalepeno from the Mexican Rice to keep the heat level down for people sensitive to heat.
Simple Zoodle or Pasta Pesto from Real Food Whole Life (vg, v, gf, df, p, ff)
- This bright, fresh pesto is easy to make and is nut-free and dairy-free. Serve it over zoodles, pasta, or with grilled veggies, fish or chicken.
- The pesto freezes well, so consider making a double or triple batch and freezing for another day.
Greek Tacos from Two Peas & Their Pod (v, gf, df)
- These easy tacos are made by stuffing Greek salad into tortillas for a substantial meal. If you're dairy-free feel free to omit the feta and use plain coconut yogurt to make the tzatziki sauce. Be sure to use gluten-free tortillas to keep this recipe gluten-free.
- For a lighter option serve the greek salad over greens.
- These one pan tacos are topped with a fast seasonal salsa of fresh raw corn, a little red onion, and lime juice. Double the turkey and veggie filling, then serve half for dinner and freeze the other half for a night you don't feel like cooking.
- Serve the turkey and veggie filling along with the sweet corn salsa in tortillas, or try lettuce wraps for a lighter option.
You can download the Real Food Whole Life Meal Plan and Grocery List Printable for free by clicking here.
To follow along with Real Food Whole Life and for healthy recipes, meal plans, and tips straight to your inbox, subscribe here.