Your Healthy Weekly Meal Plan is here for you! A week's worth of healthy, easy, weeknight meals; all gluten-free & dairy-free.
Okay you guys, I'm back this week with another 20-Minute Healthy Meal Plan because it's what I need right now. I'm guessing it's what you need too. Elle (finally) goes back to school next week and I am way too excited about getting back to some type of normal routine. A routine that includes very simple, quick, healthy meals that I can make even when we get home after 5:00 pm. And even when a stop at the Mexican restaurant seems like a much better idea than making dinner at home. Because a basket of warm chips and salsa always sounds better than making dinner. At least to me. Always.
But that's why I have a meal plan. Because having a plan takes the guess work out of dinner and makes it easy enough to handle at the end of the day. And because I cannot afford to eat endless baskets of chips most nights. Plus, who really wants to deal with a restaurant with an overly-tired 3 year-old?
So here we are with this 20-Minute Meal Plan. The slow cooker recipe, of course, will take longer than 20 minutes to cook, but it requires less than 5 minutes of prep time so I'm counting it. All the other recipes require minimal chopping and have short ingredient lists to make it easy. Here's to another week. Let's do it!
Now, on to the meal plan!
vg: vegan | v: vegetarian | gf: gluten-free | df: dairy-free | p: paleo | ff: freezer-friendly
2-Ingredient Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken from Gimme Some Oven (gf, df, p, ff)
- It's silly to even call this a recipe, but that's what's so great about it. Simply add chicken and prepared salsa to a slow cooker and that's it. This one is my saving grace when life gets crazy.
- Be sure to check the ingredients in your salsa and avoid brands with added sugar or preservatives. Serve the chicken over rice, in lettuce cups, in tortillas, or (my favorite way) in avocado halves.
20-Minute Turkey Tacos with Apple Salsa from Real Food Whole Life (gf, df)
- These tacos are so easy and super family-friendly. The perfect way to welcome apple season.
- For a vegetarian option swap a can of rinsed and drained white beans for the turkey.
1-Pan Mexican Quinoa from Damn Delicious (vg,v, gf, df)
- This one-pan dinner requires minimal chopping so you really can have it done in a matter of minutes.
- Omit the jalepeno for those sensitive to heat. Add grilled chicken or chicken sausage for those with big appetites.
15-Minute Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry from Real Food Whole Life (gf, df, p)
- This recipe is a weeknight staple because it's easy to prepare and still tastes super fresh.
- If you don't have broccoli feel free to substitute other green veggies like asparagus, snow peas, or bok choy.
Sesame Basil Soba Noodles from Love & Lemons (vg, v, gf, df)
- The beauty of this recipe is it's simplicity. Just a few ingredients combine to make something lovely, healthy, and super fast. Serve as a main dish or as a side to simply roast salmon.
- Omit the parmesan cheese to make this recipe dairy-free. If you do skip it, taste the final dish; it may need additional salt to make up for the missing cheese. Defrosted, defrosted peas will work in this recipe in place of fresh, too.
You can download the Real Food Whole Life Meal Plan and Grocery List Printable for free by clicking here.
To follow along with Real Food Whole Life and for healthy recipes, meal plans, and tips straight to your inbox, subscribe here.