5 simple ingredients combine in juicy, succulent 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Garlic Balsamic Chicken, an effortless dinner recipe for any night of the week.
I love giving behind-the-scenes glimpses into my daily life over on Instagram stories, and the process gives me a chance to share ideas and recipes inspiration in real time.
Case in point: the other night I took one of my favorite recipes for Slow Cooker Balsamic Whole Chicken and adapted it using bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts.
I shared the recipe adaptation on Instagram stories, and afterward received so many questions regarding the adaptation details that I decided to share the recipe as a new post.
The prep for this delicious, succulent chicken doesn't get much simpler, and you really can pull everything together in a matter of minutes.
When finished in the slow cooker, I like to run the cooked chicken breasts under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp up the skin, though this step is optional.
I hope you'll make this delicious recipe soon, and share it with a friend who needs a little real food slow cooker inspiration. Now, let's make some 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Garlic Balsamic Chicken!
RECIPE & KID-FRIENDLY ADAPTATIONS
1 | Shred leftover chicken and use it to make One-Bowl Harvest Chicken Salad.
THIS RECIPE IS . . .
Naturally Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Egg-Free, Paleo and Whole30 Friendly
5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Garlic Balsamic Chicken
2 medium garlic cloves, minced or finely grated
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 ½ pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
1. Whisk together the garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt in the base of a 6-quart slow cooker. Add the chicken, tossing to coat.
2. Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 on low, or until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker. If desired, remove the skin and serve.
4. If you prefer to leave the skin on, place the chicken on a sheet pan. Broil on high for 5-8 minutes or until the skin is crispy. Serve warm.
5. Strain the juices remaining in the slow cooker and serve with the chicken or use in place of stock in another recipe.
Makes 5-8 servings.
Notes: All slow cookers are different, so you may need to adjust the time up or down depending on your particular model.