Your Healthy Weekly Meal Plan is here: 5 quick and easy weeknight meals.
This week's Healthy Weekly Meal Plan is made up of 5 delicious vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free meals. Does that description get you excited or send you running? I know it's exciting for some of you, and maybe a turnoff for others. As my sister told me the other day, that just doesn't sound very appetizing to me! Fair enough. Before you click back to a previous week's meal plan (it's cool if you do, though; here's a link to a few favorite healthy meal plans and resources) take a look at this week's plan. It all looks pretty good, right?
I've written about My Food Philosophy before here on Real Food Whole Life, and if you've read it you know I don't follow any one particular diet. Basically I focus on eating real food and as many plants as possible. And though I don't label my diet and eat meat frequently, I often incorporate vegan recipes into my meal plans. As a rule vegan recipes are packed with plants and are really amazingly delicious. Sometimes I follow Mark Bittman's "vegan before 6" philosophy and go vegan for breakfast and lunch, or prepare an animal product-free dinner.
If you're trying to eat more veggies, adding a few vegan meals into your week is definitely the way to go. And if you're dairy-free, vegan recipes and blogs can be a great resource because they never include dairy products. And even if you (or your partner and kids) aren't ready to give vegan meals a try, you can always add some meat on the side. All of these recipes make great sides to something simply grilled or broiled in the oven. Give some of the recipes a try and let me know what you think. Cheers!
Now, onto the meal plan!
vg: vegan | v: vegetarian | gf: gluten-free | df: dairy-free | p: paleo | ff: freezer-friendly
Slow Cooker Corn and Red Pepper Chowder from Oh My Veggies (vg, v, gf, df, ff)
- This light summer chowder is perfect on its own, or served alongside a sandwich for a perfect summer meal.
- An immersion blender makes pureeing this soup easy. Freeze extras in jars for lunches or dinner later in the week.
Simple Pesto with Zoodles or Noodles from Real Food Whole Life (vg, v, gf, df, p)
- This dairy-free, nut-free pesto is simple to make and can be used in so many different ways. Think zoodles, noodles, stirred into soup, as a sandwich spread, or on grilled veggies or meat.
- Double the pesto recipe so you'll have the makings for another meal later in the week.
Avocado and Lemon Zest Spaghetti from Love & Lemons (vg, v, gf, df)
- A few simple ingredients come together in this super-fast spaghetti dinner.
- Be sure to use gluten-free spaghetti if gluten is a concern for you. Otherwise whole wheat pasta would work as a substitute.
Creamy Farro with Pesto, Asparagus and Peas from Vanilla and Bean (vg, v, gf, df)
- Have you every cooked with farro? It's a nutty, creamy whole grain that's great in salads or as a side. It's always fun to experiment with a new ingredient. I hope you'll give this one a try!
- This recipe calls for pesto, so make a double batch of the Simple Pesto earlier in the week, use it on noodles or zoodles one night and then in this recipe another.
Lemony Summer Lentil Soup from Yummy Mummy (vg, v, gf, df, ff)
- The bright flavors of lemon and ginger make this a perfect summertime soup.
- Lentil soup makes a perfect light lunch, so consider making a double batch to enjoy throughout the week.
You can download the Real Food Whole Life Meal Plan Printable for free by clicking here. Customize your plan, then share it and what you're making with me on Instagram using the hashtag #realfoodmealplan. I love to see what you're up to!
To follow along with Real Food Whole Life, including free Healthy Weekly Meal Plans straight to your inbox, subscribe here.