Your Healthy Weekly Meal Plan is here: 5 quick and easy weeknight meals, all naturally gluten-free and dairy-free. Always some vegan and paleo options too!
How do you feel about meal planning in the summer? I don't know about you but for me it seems harder. First, the hotter it gets the less I feel like cooking. It's like the heat just sucks the motivation right out of the kitchen. Second, most of the time I want to be out playing rather than home cooking dinner. Plus, we're traveling all the time so it's difficult to get into any type of real routine.
On the other hand summer is the most inspiring time to cooke because the produce is so fresh and at its peak. It's also a great time to have a few friends over, turn on the grill, and enjoy a simple meal together. I selected some super-simple summertime meals this week in the interest of keeping things easy and inspiring. I hope you'll try one or two and then let me know what you're making. Tell me, too, how you're approaching meal planning in these summer month. I love hearing from you and it helps me to put together future meal plans.
Now, onto the meal plan!
vg: vegan | v: vegetarian | gf: gluten-free | df: dairy-free | p: paleo | ff: freezer-friendly
Slow Cooker Lentil Tacos from The Natural Nurturer (vg, v, gf, df, ff)
- Make a big batch of these savory lentils and use them to stuff tacos, burritos, or throw them in a rice bowl.
- This recipe makes quite a bit, so save leftovers for other meals throughout the week or freeze for a night when you don't feel like cooking.
Grilled Chicken with Tomato Parsley Salad from Shutterbean (gf, df, p)
- This is the perfect summer dinner. It makes a great weeknight meal or is just the thing for a casual weekend get-together.
- Omit the cheese from the salad to keep this paleo friendly and dairy free. Skip the bread to make this it gluten free.
Easy Southwest Quinoa Bowls from Real Food Whole Life (vg, v, gf, df)
- These bowls are extremely versatile. Use whatever veggies you like and what you have on hand.
- If your husband rolls his eyes at the thought of a quinoa bowl for dinner, try adding something grilled to go with it. Chicken, sausage or steak would go well with these bowls.
Grilled Shrimp Scampi Skewers from Skinny Taste (gf, df, p)
- Talk about an easy dinner! Thread a few shrimp and lemon slices on a skewer and you're done. Simple enough for everyday but special enough for company.
- Throw some veggies on the grill to round out this meal. Zucchini, summer squash or bell peppers would be lovely.
Bok Choy & Soba Noodles in Sesame-Ginger Dressing from Dishing Up the Dirt (vg, v, gf, df)
- Do you have bok choy showing up in your CSA or farmer's market? Put it to use in this simple noodle dish. Easy and super satisfying!
- You can make this recipe even if you don't have bok choy. Napa cabbage or any dark leafy green (think Swiss chard or kale) would work fine. Add the egg for extra protein, or skip it for a vegan option. Make sure to use 100% buckwheat noodles to keep this gluten free, or use any whole grain noodle if gluten isn't a concern for you.
You can download the Real Food Whole Life Meal Plan Printable for free by clicking here. Customize your plan, then share it and what you're making with me on Instagram using the hashtag #realfoodmealplan. I love to see what you're up to!
To follow along with Real Food Whole Life, including free Healthy Weekly Meal Plans straight to your inbox, subscribe here.