Your Weekly Meal Plan is here and it features 5 recipes perfect for celebrating Memorial Day all week long. In the spirit of the holiday weekend I've pulled together a few of my favorite simple, summery recipes, all of which will feed a family or a crowd. So fire up the grill, invite some friends over and get cooking. Happy Memorial Day!
Now, onto the meal plan!
vg: vegan | v: vegetarian | gf: gluten-free | df: dairy-free | p: paleo | ff: freezer-friendly
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken from Dawn Nicole Designs (gf, df, f, ff)
- This slow cooker chicken uses a homemade BBQ sauce that is free of chemicals, preservatives and is sweetened with dates instead of refined sugar. It's also paleo and Whole30 friendly!
- Make a big batch of this BBQ chicken, then serve it over romaine lettuce, baked sweet potatoes, or piled high on a bun. Serve with a simple cabbage slaw for a full meal.
Grilled Flank Stead with Chimichurri from Skinny Taste (gf, df, p)
- Chimichurri is a condiment popular in South America and is often served over grilled meat. It's quite simple to make and adds tons of flavor to all things grilled. Try it over flank steak, fish, shrimp, or grilled veggies.
- If you're not a fan of cilantro omit it and use parsley in it's place. Serve the red pepper flakes on the side to keep the sauce on the mild side.
California Cobb Salad from What's Gaby Cooking (gf, df, p)
- This filling main dish salad is perfect for feeding a crowd and can be adapted for individual tastes and diet preferences.
- Omit the chickpeas to keep this paleo friendly, or double the chickpeas and skip the grilled salmon to make this vegan. Not feeling salmon? Top this salad with any grilled thing you like! Also, skip the cheese to keep this dairy-free.
Grilled Corn & Poblano Tacos from Love & Lemons (v, gf, df)
- These lovely veggie tacos use a few simple ingredients to produce super tasty results. Poblanos are mild peppers, but if you can't find them or don't want to use them substitute any color bell pepper.
- Omit the cheese to keep these dairy-free and double up on the avocado.
Aromatic Grilled Chicken Thighs from Primal Palate (gf, df, p)
- If you're looking for a no-brainer grilled chicken recipe, you've found it! Simply rub the chicken with a few spices and then throw on the grill. Feel free to substitute chicken breasts, or use a mix of both.
- Be sure to serve the grilled chicken with plenty of veggies on the side. Grilled zucchini, red onions, and peppers would work nicely. Add a green salad and you have a filling, light summer meal.
Follow along with Real Food Whole Life and get Weekly Meal Plans straight to your inbox. Click here to subscribe.