It's been a pretty exciting week around here. The rebrand and launch of the new Real Food Whole Life website has gone very well, and I'm so happy to be getting back to content and recipe development. On that note, I'm excited to share a new Weekly Meal Plan today using the new branded Meal Planner. You can download and print your own version by clicking here. Once you create your plan share it with me on social media using the hashtag #realfoodmealplan. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Now, onto the meal plan!
vg: vegan | v: vegetarian | gf: gluten-free | df: dairy-free | p: paleo | ff: freezer-friendly
Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos from Real Food by Dad (gf, df, p)
- This sweet and savory chicken can be used as a filling for tacos or to top crisp greens.
- If you can’t find fresh mango look for frozen mango chunks in the freezer section. Just be sure to defrost prior to using.
Asparagus and Arugula Pasta from Gimme Some Oven (vg*, v, gf*, df*)
- This quick and easy spring pasta recipe requires only one pot, making it a perfect weeknight meal. Serve the veggies and pasta separately for resistant eaters, and add cooked chickpeas, grilled chicken, or sausage for for a little extra protein.
- *Choose a gluten-free pasta to keep this gluten free and omit the cheese for a dairy free and vegan option.
Grilled Lemon Dijon Chicken Skewers from Skinny Taste (gf, df, p)
- Prepare and marinate this simple, tangy chicken overnight for the best flavor. If you forget, an hour or so in the marinade will still lend lots of flavor.
- Round out this meal with extra veggies grilled on the side. Mushrooms, bell pepper, zucchini, and onion would be great options.
Spring Roll Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing from A Beautiful Mess (vg, v, gf, df)
- All the flavors of Thai spring rolls combine in this to easy throw-together salad.
- If you can’t find cellophane noodles any noodle will do. Serve as is, or top with grilled shrimp or chicken. Consider substituting maple syrup for brown sugar to keep the dressing refined sugar free.
Lemony Lentil and Chickpea Salad with Radish and Herbs from Cookie + Kate (vg, v, gf, df)
- This spring salad is super tasty and the perfect use for the radishes flooding farmer's markets this month. Leftovers also pack well for lunch the next day.
- This salad is lovely topped with slices of ripe avocado.